Supporting Liverpool Football Club has always had its highs and lows - as does supporting any football team for that matter.

But never, in my 21 years of living, have I seen my club in this position. For me, and for many others, the performance of my team affects my mood outside of watching football. It's hard for me to switch off. If Liverpool have won at the weekend then I take that feeling of gratification to the rest of my life.

At this point in time this is the lowest I've ever felt as a supporter of this great club. Not only are matters off the pitch a mess, but the debacle of the club ownership has slowly started to filter down to what happens on the pitch.

Make no mistake, the ownership saga shouldn't be an excuse for the players, who collectively this season have been well below par. Top international footballers are chronically under-performing and being outclassed by teams that are vastly inferior.

Roy Hodgson hasn't made the best impression. However, he should not be the one under pressure to leave the club in the immediate future. That honour should be awarded to the two Americans who are sucking this club dry.